Thursday, September 30, 2010

Woot!

We're getting a new bed today. We bought it yesterday, and they're supposed to deliver it sometime between 1 and 3 this afternoon. So of course, this is officially one of the slowest moving days of my life. I think I've checked the clock three times in the past 10 minutes. Or more... I just know that it's been 11:36 for WAY too long.

I need one of those old "Tell us about yourself" surveys. Those usually take a few minutes to complete. I need a distraction, and I refuse to watch Twilight a second time just for that distraction. Don't get me wrong, the movie wasn't BAD, it just wasn't my style. *pause* Ok, it was PAINFUL to watch. I am glad to say I got through the first two (the second one was better), and still have no desire to read the books. And that's saying a lot coming from an avid reader like myself. There isn't much I REFUSE to read, but the Twilight series tops that short list right now.

The whole reason I started watching them was because my brother had told me about the parody, "Vampires Suck", and I wanted to watch that, but I also wanted to be able to understand all the inside jokes from it. No, that's really the reason. So I watched, I suffered through the most angsty, codependent, paranoid teenagers in the history of cinema, and it worked! The parody made a LOT more sense that way. Now I will go pretend that I never watched the abominations in the first place.

We finished cleaning up the bedroom this morning, getting it ready for the new bed. I'm so excited about it, I can hardly contain myself. I'm going to pick up a pack of cloves later for my back, hopefully that'll shave a few minutes off of this.

I'm listening to Squirrel Nut Zippers' album Hot. It's been FOREVER since I heard their music, and I forgot how much I love it. There's something about the jazzy big-band combination that's just so beautiful to me. My dad reintroduced me to the music, he has a song or two of theirs on his party mix CD. I got to hear it when I was out there visiting last month, and fell in love with the genre and the band in particular all over again. Sure beats listening to nothing but Reba for hours .... and hours.... and... HOURS.

My computer was having trouble earlier this week. I went to boot it up, and it just cycled, unable to find my hard drive. I was so afraid of losing all of my work. All of the images I use for photo manipulations, all of my music, my writing... I'm determined to get an external hard drive soon, or at least a flash drive, to hold some of this stuff. I figure, if I can hold off for a month or two, I can get something really cheap at Best Buy for Black Friday. My friend wanted to go stand out there for the early morning sale, so we might do that. Or I might just order something from the non-frozen region of my house. Since the end of November means SNOW out here, I'm not too sure I want to be up and out at 3:00 AM.

Time to go find one of those surveys. It's now 11:50, and I'm still feeling like I look at the clock every 5 seconds. I wish my bed would get here so I could go out and buy bedding for it, then just collapse for a few hours. I've been up and anxious since about 6 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment